Virginia sees its fair share of storms and weather events annually—storms that wreak havoc and leave significant residential and commercial property damage in their wake. From hurricanes and major storms in the summer to sub-freezing and cold temperatures in the winter, your home or business is subject to a range of potentially damaging conditions. Water from flash flooding, frozen pipes, burst pipes, downed trees, power outages, and flooding from overflowing sewer and storm drains all leave their mark. If you’ve experienced any of these events, call a professional storm damage restoration company to make sure the cleanup and renovation is done right.
Emergency Storm Damage Restoration in Virginia
When storm damage to your home or business property has caused even minor damage, call VA Water Restoration. We are a full-service, certified storm and water damage cleanup company and have been serving homes and businesses through multiple locations in Virginia since 2001. We answer your emergency call in seconds and are onsite in just 30-60 minutes to do whatever storm damage cleanup and restoration work is needed.
Our courteous professionals are always sensitive to your needs and treat your property as if it were their own. And, we use our experience and expertise to facilitate the insurance claims process on your behalf, so you get you the best and most timely settlement possible for the property damaged or lost in the storm and for any storm-related expenses. We document every step of our process with photographs and itemized property lists, and do what is needed to ensure you receive maximum benefit for the storm and water damage caused to your home and belongings.
Get Immediate Help with Storm Damage Restoration in VA
VA Water Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured. All our technicians are IICRC-certified, having obtained professional storm damage restoration credentials directly from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification organization. We hire, train, and retain the best, most qualified professionals in the business. You can trust that our technicians are knowledgeable, experienced, and highly skilled.
Flooding from storm water can be harmful in more ways than one. In addition to damaging your property and belongings, floodwater is usually contaminated and can pose a health risk if not professionally treated. Rainwater picks up and mixes with whatever contaminants are on the ground, including grease, oil, and coolants from trucks and cars; fertilizers and pesticides from gardens and yards; and animal waste and waste from septic systems. When your home or business has been damaged by contaminated stormwater, we do more than just extract the water and dry the property. We completely decontaminate, sterilize, and deodorize the affected area and whatever contents can be salvaged.
How VA Water Restoration Works
The VA Water Restoration team’s 6-step storm damage cleanup and restoration process:
- Assess – We first determine the full extent of storm damage to your home or business property, both inside and out. This includes an inspection of the exterior of the home or business building as well as the surrounding property. If any area inside is flooded, we locate the source of water entry and take steps to stop additional water from entering.
- Identify the water type – A necessary step to properly treat any flood situation. Using the water source and potential levels of contaminants and hazards, we categorize the water according to IICRC standards.
- Classify the flood – We assess the entire area that has been flooded or damaged by storm water, and assign it a standard classification. In particular, we look at the amount of water accumulated and the levels of dampness and moisture, including checks of carpeting and carpet pads, walls and insulation, and surfaces such as concrete or hardwood that require specialized drying.
- Remove stormwater – We use both portable and truck-mounted high-powered, professional-grade water-extraction equipment, including submersible pumps when flooding from stormwater is deep enough. We then locate areas of threats from mold so we can implement an appropriate plan to prevent an infestation and potential health hazard.
- Dry the flooded area – We use moisture-detection equipment, heavy-duty air movers, and drying panels to remove dampness and thoroughly dry the affected area. We salvage whatever items we can, then clean, sanitize, and deodorize all stormwater-damaged areas and furnishings. To eliminate airborne contaminants which increase the threat of mold, we also perform HVAC cleaning and HEPA vacuuming.
- Renovate post-cleanup – We are available to correct and renovate structural damage, fix foundations, repair roofs, paint walls—whatever it takes to ensure your property is restored to its original, pre-storm-damage condition.
When damage occurs to your home or business from stormwater and flooding, call the VA Water Restoration team right away. We are committed to providing superior care and customer service from start to finish. We are available to take your emergency call 24/7 and arrive on-site within 30-60 minutes. Our goal is to thoroughly clean your property and restore it to its pre-storm-damage condition, so you can get back in and get your life get back to normal as quickly as possible.
So call now to talk to an expert or for a free estimate.